Daicel chiral stationary phases (CSPs) are based upon chiral selectors produced by derivatization of amylose or cellulose polymers. The chiral selectors are divided into two distinct groups: novel immobilized phases and traditional coated phases. Our extensive portfolio of CSPs is available to scientists, providing them a number of choices for separating chiral compounds.
The Technical Library contains numerous references to scientific publications devoted to applications of the polysaccharide-derived CSPs for enantioseparations of chiral molecules.
The polysaccharide-based CSPs, well recognized for their broad range of applications and remarkable loading capacity, are manufactured by physically coating the polysaccharide derivatives onto silica matrices. Immobilization of the polysaccharide derivatives on a matrix provides universal solvent compatibility. This broadens the range of solvents for mobile phases, thereby introducing new selectivity profiles and improved productivity. Virtually any organic solvent can be used in conjunction with these immobilized CSPs.
Our newest immobilized CSP – CHIRALPAK® IJ – has been added to the polysaccharide derivatives listed below.
Polysaccharide derivatives are listed below:
- CHIRALPAK IA: Amylose tris (3,5-dimethylphenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALPAK IB: Cellulose tris (3,5-dimethylphenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALPAK IC: Cellulose tris (3,5-dichlorophenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALPAK ID: Amylose tris (3-chlorophenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALPAK IE: Amylose tris (3,5-dichlorophenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALPAK IF: Amylose tris (3-chloro-4-methylphenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALPAK IG: Amylose tris (3-chloro-5-methylphenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALPAK IH: Amylose tris (S)-a-methylbenzylcarbamate
- CHIRALPAK IJ: Cellulose tris (4-methylbenzoate)
The CHIRALPAK IJ selector is the immobilized version of CHIRALCEL OJ and offers significant improvement over the OJ selector.
The CHIRALPAK IH selector is the immobilized version of CHIRALPAK AS and offers significant improvement over the AS selector. Click here to learn more.
Click here to read our application note on the separation of Naproxen using CHIRALPAK IH.
The combination of the broad applicability and high-loading capacity of coated polysaccharide-based CSPs with the universal solvent compatibility of the immobilized CSPs results in a high degree of success in screening for an effective separation method by enantioselective HPLC and SFC.
Meta-substituted immobilized chiral selectors such as CHIRALPAK IA, IB and IC have been shown to have remarkable affinity for resolution of chiral compounds from different types of molecules. The addition of CHIRALPAK IG to CHIRALPAK IA, IB and IC forms the most effective family of just four columns for use as a primary screening set.
Click here to read our application note on the separation of Methyclothiazide using CHIRALPAK IG
As with the majority of our CSPs, the immobilized polysaccharide CSPs exhibit stability to pressure drops up to 400 bar. Such high stationary phase stability ensures efficient column operation over an extended period of time. The immobilized CSPs exhibit high complementarity for separation of chiral compounds.
To learn more about the CSP complementarity, their structures and applications click here.
To learn more about immobilized polysaccharide CSPs and columns, available for your separation processes, click here.
To view a complete list of Chiral Technologies products, click here.
Our traditional polysaccharide-based CSPs are manufactured by physically coating the polysaccharide derivatives onto silica matrices. Due to this manufacturing process, use of a solvent range is limited. Some strong solvents, such as tetrahydrofuran, dichloromethane and chloroform, while aiding compound solubility, may damage coated CSPs.
Polysaccharide derivatives are listed below:
- CHIRALPAK AD: Amylose tris (3,5-dimethylphenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALPAK AS: Amylose tris (S)-α-methylbenzylcarbamate
- CHIRALPAK AY: Amylose tris (5-chloro-2-methylphenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALPAK AZ: Amylose tris (3-chloro-4-methylphenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALCEL® OB: Cellulose tribenzoate
- CHIRALCEL OC: Cellulose tris (phenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALCEL OD: Cellulose tris (3,5-dimethylphenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALCEL OF: Cellulose tris (4-chlorophenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALCEL OG: Cellulose tris (4-methylphenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALCEL OJ : Cellulose tris (4-methylbenzoate)
- CHIRALCEL OK: Cellulose tricinnamate
- CHIRALCEL OX: Cellulose tris (4-chloro-3-methylphenylcarbamate)
- CHIRALCEL OZ: Cellulose tris (3-chloro-4-methylphenylcarbamate)